Monday, March 5, 2007

Thoughtful Question Number Two

Here’s your next question to ponder:

If you could script the basic plot for the dream you will have tonight, what would the story be?

Toby:
The plot for the dream I would script would be for my family and me to be visited by an angel, like in biblical times, and given a message and instruction about our lives...or I’d dream about spending a week at Sandy Point.

Carol:I’m in the mountains, sitting on a rock, by a stream , reading. Nothing happens in this dream, I just sit in this perfect spot in silence.

Ryan:
I’d dream that I was kayaking in a really big ocean and my kayak somehow flipped over and I fell into the water with no lifejacket on and that I could breath underwater and no fish or anything would harm me. And I could come to the surface of the water and breath there and underwater. Either that or I would be discovering the Dead Sea Scrolls in the cave where they were found.

Jake:
If I was listening to a story tape in bed and I turned it on – and not just the story tape went on but the people in the story tape started appearing and I turned the story tape off and the actors disappeared. And I turned it on and didn’t even have to listen to it, I could just watch it.

Gail’s here, visiting with us, so she’s putting her answer in the post instead of in a comment:

Gail:
Awaking in a field of daisies with the sun shining on me...though daisy’s stink so I’m not sure I want to be in a field of daisies...but something beautiful and spring-like, with a good book and a diet coke.

Now it's your turn - what do you want to dream tonight?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol... I didn't mean to ignore your question, but I couldn't really come up with anything.

When I dream of good things, I am disappointed when I wake up. When I think about it, I would rather dream of bad things happening so when I wake up I am grateful that it wasn't real.

Anonymous said...

i've been thinking about what would be the most perfect dreams i could have . . . one would be to go back in time to when my children were very young and soak up all the joys and wonders of an ordinary day with them . . . listening to them chat and laugh and play with each other. in looking back i realize how extremely precious those everyday moments are . . . and how quickly they pass.

the best most perfect dream of all would be to visit with my son ryan and feel the warmth and joy of his hug while listening to his deep cracking and laughing voice describe his heavenly adventures.

smithy and i have both had quite a few sandy point dreams. they are bittersweet...wonderful to have, but sad upon awakening.

this makes me remember our family motto: "good things will happen!"

xoxo mimi xoxo