Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Curls

In one of Emma's Little House on the Prarie Picture books, it tells about Ma tying Laura and Mary's hair in rags for the night so that it would be curly for their trip to town the next day. Emma and I decided we'd try it on her hair so last night we rolled her hair up in rags.


I wondered why people ever switched to curlers since it seems rags would be much more comfortable to sleep on...we found out this morning when we took the rags off. Jake said, "Wow, Emma, you look fluffy!"

I think she looks pretty cute, though. It's tamer, now, with a hairclip at the top.

Carol and Emma: a couple of girly girls...we're trying, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Gail says all the high school girls at Numonohi in PNG do their hair in rags for special occasions. Emma would fit right in!! Carol could join her too, if she wanted. Gail say's she'd even help do the rags. So, you have that to look forward to next time Gail visits you!

carol said...

I thought about doing mine last night but was glad I didn't when I saw Emma's this morning. Her thin, baby hair puffed out into a big ball - mine would have been HUGE! I imagine Gail could figure out how to do it better than I did. I didn't really know what I was doing.