Sunday, January 14, 2007

Joining In

Toby got me all set up and showed me how to write something here so I'm trying it out. I'm slow with these things - in fact, if I wasn't married to Toby, I might not have a computer at all. Don't get me wrong, I love my computer - I can't imagine life and especially homeschooling without it - Toby's just had to drag me, nearly kicking and screaming, into the world of computers. I will admit, though, that I'm glad. I've not had to be dragged into the blog idea - I like it - have really enjoyed Brad and Lindsey's - just expect me to be slow getting going.

I'm afraid my first post has to begin with a moment of silence for the Seahawks' 2006 season, which ended just a couple hours ago. (Pause here for that moment of silence). It was so good of them to give us two really great post-season games to hold us over until August. The game, this morning, started at the same time church started but our pastors, both loyal fans, made a point of ending on time ( a minute early, even) and set things up so we could stay and watch the second half. They do take good care of their flock.

Signing off from my first post. I think your job, now, is to leave really nice comments that will encourage me to keep posting. :)

Carol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Carol. I am sorry they lost too. I think you should say more about the game though. Try interjecting some passion, use colorful words and lots of "ughs!!!" Try wearing blue and green face paint as you type. :) But good start, keep up the good work. Perhaps you can joing our mychurch.org/ebcseattle family and help us out with our blogging?

carol said...

Sorry, Gary, you know I'm not that expressive. Ryan definitely didn't get it from me. I keep the loud, face-painted, beer-bellied fan bottled up inside. I think we can all agree it's best that way. By the way, I've been wanting to contribute to the mychurch thing since I read your newsletter bit about it. Like I said - I'm just slow. Maybe now that I've gotten my feet wet, I'll try it.

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see your contribution to the blog when we checked this morning! Keep up the good work!!!

Our church wasn't quite as accommodating, but several of us went out to Abby's afterward to eat pizza and watch the last of the game on their TV. We too were saddened by their loss. No face paint here either.

Mom & Gail

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, it's fun to have you and Gail blogging! I am really bad at emailing, but for some reason, I like blogging and keeping in touch that way.

Sorry about your Seahawks.