Monday, February 26, 2007

Thoughtful Questions

I'm going to start posting a question now and then. I'll answer it for me and I'll ask whomever might be near me when I'm posting to answer it as well. After that, I'll be waiting to hear your answers to the same question.

Here's the first question - it was thought up by Ryan:
Would you rather have the ability to fly or to become invisible whenever you wanted? What would you do with your new ability?

Jake: FLY! I would just like flying and when I played basketball, I could fly up to the hoop with the ball and make a slam dunk.

Ryan: Well, I would actually rather be invisible. I haven't really thought of what I'd do, I would just rather be invisible.

Emma: Fly. I would wear a cape behind me - a red cape - and I would pretend I was superman.

Carol: I think I'd have to chose fly because I can only think of mischievous things to do as an invisible person. Besides, I'd love to see the view from up above. Being able to bypass traffic would be handy, but it wouldn't do me much good unless the rest of the family could fly as well since I'd have to drive them anyway. I guess I could fly somewhere with Jake and Emma, but then Ryan would be left at home, invisible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fly.

Besides the obvious gas savings that would go with it, people could pay me to fly around town with a banner strapped to my feet.

Would the flying be limited to locations with atmospheric pressure, or could I strap on an oxygen mask and fly to the moon?

Yes, definitely fly. I would just get in trouble with invisibility.

toby said...

I heard a radio talk show host say once that in no story, or movie, has a character been given the gift of invisibility and remained "good"... Harry Potter may be a slight exception, but even then he uses it for mischief...

Regardless, everyone knows my answer would be flying, even if it was limited to 50 feet off the ground :-)

Anonymous said...

I would choose to FLY. Invisible may be fun for a few minutes, but
flying would be very useful. We should make it a policy that all full
time workers must fly to work, so that the roads can be opened up for
people running errands and general commerce.

Gail said...

I guess I would have to say fly, too. I am not sure it would be faster to get to PNG, but at least I wouldn't be all squished in those airplane seats and little bathrooms.

Invisibility would only benefit me or people around me if it worked like on Star Trek so that one could "beam" from one place to another.

Janet said...

Fly.
I used to think that if I could be any animal for a space of time, I'd choose to be a monkey(for the spped and agility)for awhile - and then a bird so I could fly.

I'm just loving the mental picture of Brad towing a banner - strapped to his feet - across the sky!